- The “when and then” mentality
Colossians 2:6 NLT
Continue reading Barriers – Religion
“Instead he (God) is patient with you, not wanting anyone to perish, but everyone to come to repentance.”
2 Peter 3:9b NIV Continue reading Barriers – Influences
“The Lord is not slack concerning his promise, as some count slackness; but is longsuffering to you-ward, not wishing that any should perish, but that all should come to repentance.”
2 Peter 3:9 ASV
“For whom he foreknew, he also foreordained to be conformed to the image of his Son, that he might be the firstborn among many brethren:”
Romans 8:29 ASV
“Death and life are in the power of the tongue,
And those who love it will eat its fruit.”
Proverbs 18:21 NASB
“There is one who speaks rashly like the thrusts of a sword,
But the tongue of the wise brings healing.”
Proverbs 12:18 NASB
“A soothing tongue is a tree of life,
But perversion in it crushes the spirit.”
Proverbs 15:4 NASB
“Pleasant words are a honeycomb,
Sweet to the soul and healing to the bones.”
Proverbs 16:24 NASB
- Guard your heart against toxic words that may come your way. Proverbs 4:23
- Speak life-giving words to others every change you get. Ephesians 4:29
- Speak life-giving words to yourself.
- Know that you are who God says you are.
- Begin to think before you speak.
- Begin to speak words of truth to yourself.
“For God knew his people in advance, and he chose them to become like his Son.” Romans 8:29a NLT Continue reading Barriers – Thoughts