“And now, just as you accepted Christ Jesus as your Lord, you must continue to follow him.”
Colossians 2:6 NLT
Toxic religion is defined as any system, set of rules, expectations, or regulations that promise God’s acceptance.
“I am shocked that you are turning away so soon from God, who called you to himself through the loving mercy of Christ. You are following a different way that pretends to be the Good News but is not the Good News at all. You are being fooled by those who deliberately twist the truth concerning Christ.”
Galatians 1:6-7 NLT
Two problems with toxic religion:
- Focus is on the external rather than the internal. Matthew 23:25
- Promotion of spiritual pride. Luke 18:9-14
Three parts of the Gospel:
- God has reconciled us to Himself.
- God sent His Son Jesus to die as s substitute for our sin.
- All who repent and believe have eternal life in Him.
“I passed on to you what was most important and what had also been passed on to me. Christ died for our sins, just as the Scriptures said. He was buried, and he was raised from the dead on the third day, just as the Scriptures said.”
1 Corinthians 15:3-4 NLT
Please follow and like us: